[NAGDU] {Spam?} Re: Apartment Complex- Picking up poop

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 21:02:57 UTC 2016

Julie:

I don't know about the situation you referred to but, when it came up in my
complex it was because the situation was extremely out of control.  We have
74 duplex homes and most of them have at least one dog.  They put up
dispensers of pick up bags and trash cans along the sidewalks  but they were
still finding a lot of people letting their dogs go anywhere they pleased
and nobody made any attempts to pick up.  We all have our own back yards but
people were still allowing their dogs to go in other tenants front yards and
on the walks and streets.  Finally they said if anyone was caught not
picking up there would be a $25 fine.  This did nothing to stop the problem.
That was when they began asking for anyone moving in with a pet dog to allow
the DNA test.  I think they are now requiring it when anyone who already
lives here renews their lease or if they are suspected of not picking up.
They have allowed for those who physically have problems to make
arrangements to get help or it done like I do.  It isn't as bad when you
confine your dogs relief times to your own back yard.  It is very
inconsiderate when they allow their dogs to go in other tenants yards.
Picking up after dogs is always a discussion that brings out a lot of
feelings.  As blind people we have demanded to be respected and being a
responsible dog owner is part of that too.  Now I'll leave you with a smile.
Eva loves our pet waste removal man.  She thinks he comes just to play with
her.

Sandra and Eva