[NAGDU] crate

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 27 17:05:46 UTC 2016

Dar:

I am glad you found the crate and at a very good price too.  You use a crate
at home all the time so she is used to being in one.  If it were me, I would
have a big problem because my goofy golden hated her crate at school so much
that I never used it.  I have never used crates with any of my dogs so, I am
probably not the right person to ask.  However, for those who do like to use
crates, I am glad they have some that are so portable for travel situations.
I have never had a sleep study but maybe others on the list can comment on
how it went if their dogs stayed with them.  If you are worried about having
her with you, is it possible for her to stay at home with your husband or
another family member or friend?  Your dog might do just fine in the crate
at the sleep center.  You would want to plan on getting their a bit earlier
so she can get used to the room and so you can get her crate set up and her
settled into it for the night.  You would inform the staff not to talk to
her once you are both settled down for the night.  Also, I have had people
tell me that the dogs will react and get excited if people stare at them and
make eye contact with them.  That makes the dog think that person wants to
interact with them.  I think if you are firm with the staff about ignoring
her things will go alright for you and your dog.  You might want to let her
have some time in that crate before that night so she is used to it.  You
could put her blanket, one of her toys or bones in with her so she is
occupied.  These are just a few of my thoughts.  I know it is a decision you
have to make and it is never easy to have to leave them in a kennel or at
the vet.  Whatever decision you make is up to you.  There is no right or
wrong, it is just what you are comfortable doing for yourself and your dog.
Best of luck to you.

Sandra