[NAGDU] Tapering off clicker

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Aug 4 11:51:53 UTC 2016

Krokus likes to creep up to curbs, doors, steps, ..  Occasionally, I've
tried clicking and treating at downcurbs, which fixes the problem pretty
quickly.  But then I stop, and pretty soon we're back to creeping up.  So I
guess I'm stopping too soon, or not randomizing my clicking so he never
knows when he might get a treat.

I'm trying to do better this round.  Sometimes I just plain forget to bring
the stuff with me, but I'm trying to randomize more deliberately than that.

So, how do I know when I don't need to c&t every downcurb?  Stopping at
curbs is, after all, a behavior he already knows well; I'm just trying to
tighten it up a bit.  When he's getting it well, then do I just click every
other one, or skip every third, or something like that?  How do I know when
I can stop clicking altogether?

Tracy