[NAGDU] An update on Pascal after his surgery.

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Fri Dec 2 14:36:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Just sending in a quick update. Pascal came home from the vet last night, following his knee surgery. Poor boy was a bit loopy I think, because he really didn't seem all that happy to see me and my stepdad. Or else he was still mad at us for leaving him at the vet. He is able to walk, but can't put any weight on his operated leg. And when he gets up from a laying position it takes him several minutes. Right now, he's pretty much on bed rest, just getting up to eat and relieve. He can do a bit more activity once the stitches come out in 2 weeks. We brought home a cone of shame, but haven't had to use it yet. In general, he can be a licker though, so it's good to have it in case.
Once we got him home and settled, we had to run and errand so we left him home (with my mom) on his bed. When we got home, Pascal and Khaki (the cat) were both snoozing on his bed! Then, a short while later, Mambo was laying on the bed with him. Mambo is very happy to have his brother home, and he's actually been really good about not trying to play with Pascal. Last night was a bit like having a new baby in the house. Pascal woke me and my mom up a few times overnight, because he was whining. The first time I got up, he was laying on the floor next to his bed, and Khaki was on the bed. So, I moved Khaki and went back to bed. Then about 30 minutes later, he woke up my mom and the cat was on the bed again! LOL. Pascal is fine with him lying on the bed with him, but I guess he doesn't want to get on the bed if Khaki is already there. At least the cat is very easy to move. When I got up this morning, Pascal was lying next to my bed and he stayed there until breakfast. He is eating just fine! /smiles/.
Things are going well, but it's going to be long recovery.
I think that's about all for now. I hope you all have a very nice weekend!
Deanna and the boys

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system