[NAGDU] An interesting question

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 20:58:27 UTC 2016

I feel that it should be a criminal offense and Florida recently passed
such legislation.  Several of the reason for my support of such
legislation is that guide dogs are specifically trained and it cost a
lot to do that training.  If attack, often a guide dog may have to be
retired early due to psychological or aggressive issues even if the dog
was not physically injured in the attack.  Also, the owners of the dogs
that attack a guide dog or service animal should be liable to pay any
vet or medical and work related expenses incurred by the owner due to
the attack from the disruption of guide work or inability to use the dog
as a mobility to go to work.

Janice