[NAGDU] [GDUI-Chat] Report a serious incident with a driver

David david at bakerinet.com
Fri Feb 19 16:12:11 UTC 2016

Nope, they're stone-walling. Sure it would be easy to provide the
driver's last name, but I think that they likely believe there is too
much to lose, as it could be a chink their we're-just-a-software-company
armor.  Just think of the number of denial of service complaints,
personal injury claims, regulatory challenges, and employment issues
they think they can avoid.  /they have a carefully constructed opaque
complaint and contact process that clearly puts the visually impaired
and disabled customer as great disadvantage for enforcement.

Your ADA complaint advice is well if only for statistical purpose.
Unfortunately, unlike Florida law, the ADA provides a loophole for
'reasonable accommodation', that they would argue as this driver claimed
an allergy and they picked me up with another driver. Florida law is
much more direct in that it provides for criminal liability for denial
of service and does not include the reasonable accommodation loophole.
The problem here is trying to get local prosecutors to accept a
complaint for prosecution.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL