[NAGDU] Play Biting

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sun Feb 28 17:46:30 UTC 2016

Christina, that word is only used for certain things. Tapping the muzzle and
saying no, or in my case with my second dog take the whole muzzle in hand
and say a growling, no.  That second dog did play bite a little girl and she
went running to my neighbor telling this wise grandma she was bit. So
nothing bad happened except I got even more firm about the play biting. I
placed toys in his mouth and praised, held his muzzle until he relaxed then
praised. I stayed consistent and wouldn't let people tease my dog so they
would play bite. I don't care. I could have been kicked out of my apartment
building or  sued. My dog could have been labeled with a scratch as a
"dangerous dog" like my grand pup Hank was lately. I wasn't taking the
chance and my friend wasn't playing with my dog until he minded his manners.

Make sure everyone you have insurance on your apartment and just in case
your dog scratches someone and they throw a baby winy fit, like just
happened to my grand pup and family.

Becky and Jake, ims nice, bark