[NAGDU] Guide dog from the US

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sat Jan 2 23:06:34 UTC 2016

Steve, write me privately and tell me about students from the different
countries, I was at leader twice with foreign students and I enjoyed them
immensely, unless of course it's all right to put it on list.
My email:

dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net

Unfortunately I have been led to understand that now LD is not taking people
from  just any country as it used to be I think only countries where they
have some agreement with whatever organization there  but that's not of
course an official word, just my impression.
I used to love reading  over  the student statistics of where Leader had
placed dogs,,, I was actually thinking of doing a thesis about international
people with guide dogs, but it didn't pan out.

What schools have I head about with international  guide dog
students...Leader Dogs, Pilot Dogs...Guide Dog Foundation, Guiding Eyes for
the Blind, and Guide Dogs of the Desert.  Some others used to take
international students but no longer do, but, policies seem to change so if
you were really interested in attending an American school you would want to
contact them. That is easy nowadays due to the miracle of internet,
something I thank  my lucky stars for every day.

Lisa, I know one German lady who went to LD, but I don't want to say her
name on the list because I only talked to her once and I don't know what she
would think of that, if you want I can find contact for her and see if I can
have her talk to you or something--smile.

Take care all and happy new year