[NAGDU] back fromvacation

Elise Berkley bravaegf at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:06:09 UTC 2016

Hello, Bibi.  I also know that was a hard decision to make to retire your
pup.  Becky is my very first guide, and I have only had her since February
of 2015.  I just love her and we work so well together.  I know it is
premature, but I think about the time when it will be her retirement time.
My husband told me I could retire her, we would definitely keep her, and I
could get another guide dog.  But, I am not sure if I could do that.  Right
now, she is so happy to go with me anywhere.  I can barely get out of the
house to take the garbage, or check the mail without her wanting to go with
me.  I love this about her.  How would it be if she saw me leaving the house
with another dog?  I am not sure I could do that to her.  Are you going to
look into another guide?  What are your feelings on this?  Anyone can answer
that has experience in retiring one dog, and getting another.  thanks.
Elise and Becky