[NAGDU] Red ear

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 9 20:59:19 UTC 2016

Hello:

With Eva, I have become the ear expert.  Her ears do not smell differently
until the infections are quite advanced.  I use an ear cleanser once a week
in the winter and two or three times a week during the spring and summer
when her allergies are worse.  Her ears do feel warm and she will shake her
head more and scratch at her ears when they are irritated.  If I catch it
early, I can avoid a vet visit.  Tracy, it is possible that you just
happened to have a vet visit just at the time his ear was in the very early
stage of infection which was too early for you to feel anything or for him
to shake his head or scratch.  I find that prevention is the best cure.  It
might not prevent all infections but, it surely will help.    .

Sandra