[NAGDU] Dog Attack and A Question About Distractions

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:31:36 UTC 2016

Hi Elise, that's also scary! What I would do is if there are any dogs that Becky knows or some dogs that you guys are comfortable with then I would start working with her around those dogs. Do some obedience and working with lots of praise and treats if you use treats. If you use a clicker that would be a great tool to also use. Once she can easily work around those dogs without getting super distracted maybe find a dog that you know but she doesn't and or a less familiar dog. Do that until you can start working with her with dogs she doesn't know. Hope that helps. Willa gets distracted by other dogs but she is pretty easily refocused. But we have two outside dogs that she works around fairly often when we walk up our road because our outside dogs like to follow us.  That has actually really cut down on the dog distractions.

Sent from my iPhone