[NAGDU] Darwin's Pet raw dog food

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 01:11:25 UTC 2016

Dogs are only subject to salmonella if they have poor immune systems.
And even then, raw meat is not the only thing possibly containing
salmonella. Salmonella is in kibble. It's on the ground, the floors of
your house, counter tops, your shoes, money, doorknobs, your hands.
It's on your dogs' feet, and around their anus that they lick in order
to clean it. If dogs were so susceptible to bacterial infections, we'd
have many more things to worry about besides raw meat. Fortunately,
bacteria, including salmonella, are everywhere, so we're exposed to
them regularly, and a certain number and species of them are on our
own and our dogs' skin to keep us immune to them. Again, bacterial
infections can only take hold when we don't support the good bacteria,
or we feed the bad bacteria, allowing them to outnumber the good ones.

Also, vets disagree with many things simply because they were taught
to, not because what they know is completely factual information. And
vets are not the right people to consult about dog food because they
are not required to take nutrition courses. If they do take courses on
dog food, they learn about reading ingredient labels, and which foods
to prescribe for which conditions. They are not taught about which
nutrients are most bioavailable to dogs, and that even though dogs can
handle certain ingredients, it doesn't mean that those ingredients are
beneficial, or have more benefits than risks. Furthermore, their
education is sponsored by dog food companies, so guess who has a large
say in their education? The people who can capitalize off of it if
they want to have some input. And of course, they'll have some input
because they're paying big bucks. They're giving the vets free stuff.
The vets get kickbacks according to how many bags and cans of
prescription foods they sell. I'm sure that there are vets out there
who are not solely motivated by the dollar. But unfortunately, the
same can't be said of the companies who sponsor their education and
support their practices. The veterinarians are being used as pons in a
game called Follow the Dollar.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs

Peace,    Debby