[NAGDU] FW: [seeing-eye] New law in Michigan: Service dogs can be registered

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 03:40:44 UTC 2016

If anyone accosts us for not having ID patches, we can all just say
we're not from Michigan.

Seriously, life is going to be hard, patch or none. People will
question legitimacy, or object having a dog in their businesses either
way. Furthermore, this bulletin doesn't describe the registration
process for service animals, so as far as I know, my sister, who
doesn't have a disability, can print out something in official-looking
type, laminate it, bring her pet boxer with her to the registration,
and show it to whomever is doing the registering. It's a bummer
because if this practice is popularized, then it will require extra
educating from the handler who doesn't partake of this practice. But
ultimately, the ADA supersedes state laws concerning ID of service
animals.

I just don't understand why invent more laws instead of working with
the laws we have.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs