[NAGDU] Fell, again

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 11 14:17:54 UTC 2016

Once again, Krokus pushed me off the right edge of the sidewalk, so I fell
down, and got some scrapes and bruises.  I think it was a place where the
sidewalk narrowed down a bit, and he just kept going straight.  Really,
though, I don't care why.  This is the third time he's done the same
thing, missed an edge, or the line between the sidewalk and a parking lot,
so that I've fallen.  He remembers for a while, then it happens again.  I
don't know if I'm more clumsy than I used to be, or he's more careless,
but I don't remember falling so much with any other dog.  I'm losing
confidence in him.  He can be an excellent guide, but sometimes he's not.
Not taking me off the edge is basic stuff.  I guess I could start carrying
my cane all the time, to check him, but then what's the point of having
him?
I have a call into the school, to see what they say.  If others know how
to fix this problem, I'll consider ideas.  Call me crazy, but a guide dog
should keep me from falling, clumsy or not.
Tracy