[NAGDU] Access for guide dogs in training

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Jul 13 21:10:46 UTC 2016

In Nebraska the law says, "bonifide trainer" with absolutely no explanation
of what that means.  There is no reference to organizations or owner
trainers or anything.  So my rule of thumb has been if the dog in training
is actively being trained and is causing no problem, then we're good.  As
soon as sniffing begins or wanting to visit or whatever, I've always left
before someone  complained.  Actually that's pretty much how I conduct
business with my fully trained guides also.

Still Buddy is so very right, we need to focus on the trainer or disabled
handler as the person who the law covers.  The dog never has access rights
under any law.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC