[NAGDU] [nagdu] thunderstorm anxiety

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:20:35 UTC 2016

I never did try the "thunder shirt" or the anxiety wrap. My dog, Jet, came
to fear loud sounds because of a concert where they played "The 1812
Overture" and used a cannon. After that she became increasingly fearful.
There are some herbal supplements that relax. I'm not sure what you are
giving. Of course one has to be careful to see the dog remains alert. She
always guided well enough during a storm, but I was never sure how long she
would. In the end she was so stressed that though she wanted to continue
working, it wasn't an option. Sadly, for us it started at about age 4 or 5
and progressed steadily until I retired her at age 10. I hope someone can
give you a better prognosis than that.

Cindy
cindyray at gmail.com