[NAGDU] How do I Use a Flea Comb?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Jul 21 10:57:52 UTC 2016

You use it pretty much like a regular comb.  Try to start as close to the
base of the hairs as possible.  If there are tangles, you'll have to use
another tool to get those out first.  A flea comb isn't going to remove
fleas very effectively.  They'll jump away.  The flea comb is mainly for
removing flea eggs.   You'll need to treat your dog, your house and your
yard all at the same time with something that will kill the fleas.  If you
get all the adults, there won't be any more eggs laid.  If you can remove
the current batch of eggs by vigorous vacuuming and flea combing, it should
greatly cut down on the long term population.  Generally though you are
going to have to do a repeat treatment.  I've forgotten the length of the
life cycle of a flea, but read the package directions and it will tell you
how long to wait before doing a follow up.

HTH
Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC