[NAGDU] replying to Rachael, going to the Seeing Eye

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:19:34 UTC 2016

Hi Rachael,

Congratulations on your upcoming class at the Seeing Eye!

Sorry that I'm just now responding as I get my emails in digest mode.

I can address two of your questions. First, I wouldn't worry too much about
telling your students in advance that you will have a guide dog in your
studio. First, it is your place of employment, and you  should definitely
have your dog with you while at work.

As for the cat adjusting to your dog, I think that will work out. When I got
my first Seeing Eye dog, I had two cats at the time. One cat was not happy
while the other one didn't care. However with time, all of the animals got
along quite well.

I no longer have cats since I have my current guide and my retired guide.

When I brought my new dog Barbara home in October, my retired guide was
resentful at first, but he soon warmed up to her when I made sure to play
with both at the same time and to give both an equal amount of attention.

Again, best of luck in the June class.

Sincerely,

Liz Campbell