[NAGDU] Standing Out

David david at bakerinet.com
Mon Jun 6 20:18:36 UTC 2016

Well, Henry, I used a white cane for 17 years and encountered your same
experiences, plus airport cane kickers, car cane crushers, and "You
ain't blind"ers.  Yup, we'll always stand out, I suppose.  The same will
happen with you and your new pup: plus those who gush over how beautiful
he or she is; those who know they shouldn't pet, but do anyway; those
who believe that you're just training you pup; those you run into after
they've cut in front of you and stopped and yell at you for running into
them: and those who will stop you and want to tell you all about their
former pet who looked just like your pup.  Just like when you used a
cane, sometimes it will be easy and a chance to educate, sometimes it
will be incredibly inconvenient and distracting, and sometimes it will
really get your goat.  Most of the time it will just be incredible.

We're all here to answers questions and offer advice.  Most of all,
we're all here to cheer you on as you go through the incredible
experience of becoming a team with your first dog.

Keep in touch.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL