[NAGDU] Question for GDA grads, Dogs and canes and curbs

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Thu Mar 10 18:15:54 UTC 2016

Oh my,  Lisa, sorry that's happening, similar things have been happening in
my community in sunny Florida actually the place isn't called sunny, it's
Winter Park, so now all of you know where I am  and can track me down and we
can all make difficult crossings together.... They replaced curbs with
tactile domes, the intention is good I know )though it doesn't help at all
in my opinion)  but the problem is that you have to be quite careful about
alignment because if you think the tactile dome is a curb to square off of
you ewill go in to the  middle of the parallel street.  Happened one time
and I'm still hearing everyone and his uncle comment on it, apparently I was
very visible--lol  love that so many saw and I'm a source of amusement and
wonder for them all--lol. Even some jerk went to my sister's house in the
neighborhood and told her they saw me crossing diagonally...that actually
was going to far as they could save themselves the trip by talking to me but
you know, if you are blind even though you are forty-six, world-traveled,
holder of a degree and so on you are a grown-up kid--smile. Rant over. I
mean, I can always have respect for someone who asks me about something
directly, right?--smile but going to the relatives...hmmm...

But anyway, this crossing difficulty   as you described it it is something
that seems to happen and I hope it is working better for you.

Unfortunately I only hear out of one ear so some of the pointers you
mentioned on traffic are more difficult for me, but we keep on trucking and
building our teamwork.

Best wishes and always glad to see you on different tlists.

Dan and His Royal Majesty, Parker