[NAGDU] Urgent question, traveling abroad with guide dog

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun May 1 14:12:54 UTC 2016

Does your dog have the kind of chip required for travel to Europe, the Home
Again chip?  It may have other names.
I've been told that a dog needs a chip, and a rabies vaccine after being
chipped.
It's my understanding that the dog has to be seen by a USDA qualified vet to
fill out the paperwork.  I googled "USDA qualified vet" and found a few in
my area, but your area may be different.
For travel to Ireland, the dog is also required to be treated for tapeworm
within roughly a week before travelling.  Don't know if it's the same for
Hungary, though.
Good luck.
Tracy