[NAGDU] Dispute resolution

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed May 11 13:09:31 UTC 2016

Yes, probably and there is insurance to consider also.  I guess what I'm
getting at is that signing a contract without reading the fine print and
really thinking through what it means is a very bad idea. It also concerns
me that only a few of the programs are comfortable with making the contract
viewable by whomever wants to read it.  What's in there that is such a big
secret?  Does it add to the mystery of guide dogs?  Would it upset the
donors?  Is there something embarrassing or unethical in there?  My hunch is
that there is nothing in the contracts that is truly a legal problem, but
that it would create a public relations issue if there was too much
attention drawn to it.  I don't know.  I probably will never know.  I do
think about attending a program and have actually started that process a
couple of times, but in the end I just can't do it.  I'll probably stick
with owner training where I know what exactly I'm signing up for. But isn't
that pretty much what we all do...stick with what we know?

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC