[NAGDU] collar question

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun May 15 12:54:28 UTC 2016

At home Monty wears no collar at all.  Jetta wears a nylon buckle collar
with her tags that do jingle.  It does help me keep track of her.  She's
pretty well stopped using my houseplants as a salad bar, but every now and
then she thinks about it.  The tag jingle helps me call her away from
getting into trouble.

When out Monty wears a martingale with his tags covered by a tag silencer.
I found when I started using the tag silencer or not having the dog wear
tags when out, that it cut down dramatically on interference from other
dogs.  Those tags jingling are like the ice cream truck jingle to little
kids.  They hear that familiar tune and come running.   Silencing the tags
was the biggest single thing I ever did to help cut down on random unwanted
dog encounters.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC