[NAGDU] Coconut Oil for Labs

Dani Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:01:23 UTC 2016

Hi, Everyone.
I bought some coconut oil in hopes that it would help Peggy with her
itchy skin. She's already on Apoquel, but she's still scratching like
crazy. She's also on Frontline.

I wipe her down after we come in to get off any crud that may have
been on the grass she's lain in, especially dog chocolate (she's got a
knack for getting at cat poo). She likes the wipe-down, and I think it
helps. But then ... scratch, scratch, scratch, doggie grumble.
Hence, the coconut oil.

How do I use it? How much should I rub on her skin?

And if I add it to her food, how often should it happen?

She's recovering from a nasty bout of diarrhea because Mommy Dani
tried the coconut oil this weekend and didn't know she had to wash it
off after five minutes. So our girl Peg licked it off, then had a bad
case of upset stomach.

Thoughts? Shoves in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dani