[NAGDU] It's all Greek to me

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sun May 22 12:16:45 UTC 2016

	Hello to all my fine and good friends here on list and to the
four-legged critters.
Dan from Florida here.
I'm curious has anyone traveled with their guide dogs to Greece.
There is a conference in October I am seriously thinking of attending, it's
a two day affair but I'm thinking to try to arrange to do some things in the
country just go around the city where it's held say stay a week at least
because I'm not buying plane fair for just two days--lol.
Anyway, it's in the initial stages and I'm not sure I'm going to do it, but
I will have to decide about being accompanied by my little varmint or not.
I have traveled abroad before to Russia, Mexico, and Japan with a guide dog
though those trips were fifteen or more years ago, in Japan I was there a
year and ten months or a little more. So I do know about the preparation and
complications of having a guide dog abroad.
What would make it or break it for me is public access, will Have to argue
everywhere I go, if so, then I can't deal with it for a shorter visit, if
it's reasonable then I might take the plunge.
Anyway, as I said I'm pretty sure I know how to travel abroad and in new
places with a dog but I'm interested in actual experiences anyone might
have.
I don't mind the relieving, feeding watering, and all the dog responsibility
stuff, it's more the particularities of this country, Western Europe seems
pretty good from what I remember but Greece may or may not be a different
kettle of fish, or souvllaki as the case may be.
 I'm actually inclining some ways towards not taking the dog and in some
ways towards taking him, and remember since this isn't necessarily going to
happen  we'll have to see.

My inclination is not to take him if it's a short trip, but if I were to say
actually stay in a country like I did in Japan, I would take my dog. But as
I said since it's been thirteen years, )not fifteen I was wrong), since I
did the international thing I'm undecided.

Thanks and be good everyone.

Dan W. and the Parker Varmint