[NAGDU] Do we stand out?

Jody Ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 13:54:12 UTC 2016

As someone who tried so very hard not to stand out I don't care anymore now. If anything I like to be a bit eccentric.  At one time I actually tried hiding my white cane in an umbrella case, now I walk around with a 90 pound white shepherd in harness!

 I also have my assortment of ball caps and cowboy hats!

Innoway I think we have it easier then deaf people and other people with so called hidden disabilities. I know a lady who is profoundly deaf and we discussed this issue. She said that it is difficult for her because people will talk to her while standing behind her and they will think she is being rude for not answering them.   People also respond negatively to her speech thinking that she might have a mental deficit.

As blind  people are disability is right out there.  Every time people see us walking confidently it changes their attitudes towards blind people One step at a time.

JODY 🐺
thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."  DOCTOR WHO (Tom Baker)