[NAGDU] A rant sort of

Lisa Belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Sun Nov 6 17:55:04 UTC 2016

Hi, Cindy,

I don't know the nature of your health issues, but you can probably work
well with a dog if you're honest with TSE.  They should know you, so I think
it's just a matter of you and the school finding the right dog.

I'm only on my third dog, but I've had dogs nearly nonstop for 20 years and
my life isn't the same as it was when I got my first dog and it's different
even from when I got Katy ten years ago.  My mom still insists I don't need
a dog because I'm no longer in college and don't physically go to an office
every day.  In some ways this is better, though.  Paige and I have several
established routes, but since we don't need to stick to a rigid schedule we
can explore more and get to know how we operate in new places.

Dogs are softer now, and the schools I'm familiar with don't expect people
to walk five or so miles a day, which, if I remember correctly,  was the
minimum requirement when TSE and some of the original schools were started.

If you know Fisher is going to a good home where you can keep tabs on him
and if getting a successor dog is something you want to do then you can at
least start the admission process.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com

Never make the same mistake twice. There are so many new ones, try a
different one each day.