[NAGDU] Thanksgiving

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue Nov 15 03:18:07 UTC 2016

Elise,

I don't think you're making a mountain out of a molehill at all. If it
were me, I would not go. I would see it as disrespect in general, and an
insistence that I put my guide dog in a strange yard for that long when
the dog is not used to being outside at all is too risky for the dog. My
dogs spend a lot of time outside, but even so I wouldn't want to bring
my guide someplace and leave him out alone for hours in a strange yard.
You might be able to explain the notion of "guide dog" to your
sister-in-law, but if she insists on leaving the dog outdoors, then I
think you should go with your gut and not go.

hth,

Tami