[NAGDU] New equipment! YEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 20:02:29 UTC 2016

Dar:

Holding her on a short leash with the prong collar up behind her ears should
give you much better control.  It might help with pulling too because you
can give a tug on the leash every time she starts to pull.  Are you  Using
the pronged strip that snaps into the chest strap of your Pilot Dog harness?
That works to keep a dog from pulling too much.  As they lean into the
harness they feel the prongs and it reminds them not to pull so hard.  I was
surprised when Wayne had me use one on class when Eva was pulling a bit too
hard for me.  It only took a few walks with it in her harness for Eva to get
the message that pulling too hard was unacceptable behavior.  After that I
carried it in my pocket just in case it was needed.  I have not had to use
it at all for the last two years but, it is always available if I need it
again.

Sandra and Eva