[NAGDU] An update on my retired guide, Pascal.

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Tue Nov 29 18:10:43 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I hope all of you are doing well.
I just wanted to send in a quick update about my retired guide dog, Pascal. Pascal retired early, so he is only 9 years old. Pascal injured his leg while playing a few weeks ago. My vet worried that he may have torn his ACL, but wasn't able to tell for sure. So, he referred us to an orthopedic surgeon. It turns out that not only did Pascal tear his ACL, but he also dislocated his patella. He will be needing surgery to repair the damage. Apparently, this is a pretty common injury for dogs. Have any of you all faced this issue? Did your dog need surgery? And how did the surgery go?
Pascal is going in tomorrow morning for his surgery. He will not be able to eat or drink after midnight, so I know he won't be a happy camper! LOL. I will keep you all updated on how things go.
Deanna with Mambo and retired Pascal

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system