[NAGDU] access denied

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Mon Oct 10 14:54:47 UTC 2016

Bobette,

What a nightmare. I'm thinking it was definitely illegal not to allow
your guide dog in the car. I'm trying to figure out how the excuse about
guns even makes sense and not really getting anywhere. Anyway, even if
there are rules against having pet dogs in police cars, your dog is not
a pet but a mobility device.

You might be able to get answers and information about how to file a
complaint by calling the police department and talking to a higher-up.
If that doesn't get you anywhere, then maybe the Mayor's office? You
might also contact the DOJ and even file a complaint.

Now I'm going back to trying to figure out how a dog in a police car is
a problem because of guns. I guess if there was a gunfight on the way to
your friend's car, it might frighten the dog into creating a
distraction. Leaving a person stranded in a neighborhood where there
might be a gunfight doesn't seem like a good idea, either. Or is the dog
going to get its paws on a gun and start shooting? Hm...

Sorry you went through that, and glad you got home safe.

Tami