[NAGDU] Amusement Parks: Whether or Not to Leave Guide Dog at Home

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 02:19:04 UTC 2016

Rachel:

I would have your mom feed Demi at the usual times.  It is always a good
idea to have at least one person who can feed and take your dog out for
relief just in case of an emergency that you cannot be available.  Instruct
your mother to follow the same feeding and relieving schedule and the same
routine such as making Demi sit and stay while the food is put down and
waiting for the command to go ahead and eat.  I have done this with all my
dogs for 41 years.  The fact that Demi has only been with you for six months
should not be an issue.  As long as your dog knows your mom and is
comfortable with her, there should be no problems.  You can feel free to
leave Demi with mom and go out and enjoy your day at the amusement park.
Have fun and let us know how Demi does having a day home with mom.

Sandra and Eva