[NAGDU] Dog Attacks

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 22:24:57 UTC 2016

Another thing to learn how to do is learn to take pictures. Before I get a
whole lot of I am blind and can't see to take pictures, let me tell you a
story. A totally blind friend of mine had a very verbally violent neighbor.
She was afraid, turns out rightly, that this neighbor would take action on
her threats. The police nor her landlord didn't do anything except to talk
to the both of them. She learned how to take pictures using a little easy to
use camera. Turns out she heard someone coming and she called out and they
said nothing. She took several quick rapid pictures in the direction of the
noise and then something hit her. The camera showed the violent lady with
the handle of a hammer in her hand swinging it. She was hit by a blunt
instrument. The office manager evicted the violent lady and the police
charged her.  My friend had a nasty bruise on her neck, but was fine.

So point the camera in the direction of any noises like scratching nails on
pavement, barking, growling, your dog will face the intruder dog so I being
deaf know the direction as my dog is pointing. Jump in-between them to break
the stair of the two dogs, use your purse to hit the offending dog. Your own
dog will forgive you if you miss. If you are relieving or parking the dog
you have a harness to hit the charging dog. You can carry treats with you
like our UPS man, show the treat and throw the treat away from you to
distract the dog.

You are not without remedy. Take action folks.

Becky and Jake