[NAGDU] Staying together

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:12:10 UTC 2016

Since he is your husband, linking arms or holding hands would be totally acceptible. Someone else, maybe not, but there is always sighted guide. I personally don't like cited guide because I don't like feeling that I am not in control of where I am going, but I think in this case where it is only being used for two blind people to stay together, it may be a good solution. I will link arms with my  sighted mother sometimes when we are in a crowded area just to stay together, but she is the only person I will do that with because she is my mother.

Another thought: could you go behind your husband and give your dog a follow command? If someone is showing me where to go, like for example if I am in a store and someone from customer service is helping me find things, I can go behind the person with my dog and tell her to follow. The same thing if I am in a large group of people walking somewhere and there are people in front of me in my group. I don't like doing that often, But it works in some cases.

http//www.rachelgrider.com