[NAGDU] Seeing Eye application process

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Sep 8 17:32:16 UTC 2016

I think they want to see how your O&M is in a general way, and what kinds of
conditions your dog would be working in.  And, probably, how much work you
have for a dog to do.  So, you might walk from your home to the bus stop, or
the local convenience store, if there is one.  Or you could ask them to meet
you somewhere, like at your school, and walk around there.
In my experience, it's not a big, long walk, but I'm a dog user from way
back.  They wanted to see that I could cross the street safely, choose a
destination and get there without getting confused or asking for
directions--that kind of thing.  I think we walked over to the bus stop,
which is a couple blocks down, and then back home.  Part of it was assessing
my O&M, and part was looking at what kind of dog would suit me and my
lifestyle best.
So don't get too anxious about it.  And be honest about what you do, so they
find you a good match, though more of that happens once you get to TSE.
Tracy

Tracy