[NAGDU] Seeing Eye application process

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:14:38 UTC 2016

Hello, Andy:

I just got my first dog from the Eye. I am so excited for you!

I agree with everything that was said. The only thing I can add is
don't be afraid to ask questions. I am sure that my most defining
characteristic to my instructors at TSE was that I was constantly
asking questions. Also, if you don't hear from Admissions about the
home interview fairly soon, I would definitely send them an email. I
waited about a month after sending in my materials and didn't hear
anything, so I finally sent an email to Pauline just for some
reassurance that I wasn't forgotten; I was on a fairly strict time
frame of when I could take three-and-a-half weeks off to go to
training, and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get into class
during that period and would have to wait another year to get a dog.
When I explained my situation to them, they were very obliging and got
my interview scheduled, and I got into the class that was best for me.

Good luck!

Rachel and Demi