[NAGDU] Guide Dog Threat question

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 20:20:50 UTC 2016

The man who threatened to kill my guide dog I knew was a mental health
consumer. I called his counselor and she had a wellness check on him and
followed through with some other helps. She called me back and thought all
was fine. She was right. In fact he was extra kind to us.

Hopefully there was a Police report filed, thus the incident is on record.

Just to make sure, you are a good neighbor. Dogs aren't barking at night or
early morning. The yard is picked up. Anyway, when an incident happens I
check myself first.

But yes this kind of thing is unnerving. I am truly sorry. Make friends or
acquaintances with people who live and work around the person. Kind of those
extra set of eyes. Keep a polite tone no matter what he says. Wish him Happy
Birthday or Marry Christmas as he cusses you out, giggle.

Becky and the paw-dashing Jake