[NAGDU] Guide Dog Threat question

Lisie Foster lisiefoster at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 22:51:00 UTC 2016

That is scary to have someone threaten to shoot your dog I can't imagine!

I think maybe the police response will depend on who made the threat and what your local laws are. If perhaps if someone with a severe mental illness made the threat, the police would take action differently than if the person was not mentally ill. It might also depend on whether that type of a threat is covered by your local or state laws. I believe some states it is a misdemeanor to interfere with a guide dog team but in other states there is nothing like that. I don't know the laws well enough to know, though.

I hope that whatever happened, that this person never threatens that again and I hope they aren't an actual danger to your dog or to you. I would be so upset if that happened to us.

Lisie and Sundance
lisiefoster at yahoo.com
Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse the mess I may have made of this email. I'm learning to use VoiceOver and we are NOT friends.