[NAGDU] Update on my pup

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:34:21 UTC 2016

Hi List,

Thank you to all those that prayed, sent good thoughts, or get well bives on the list, emails or in text messages. I am so ready for this week to be over. But I am very happy to report that pup is now home with me. She did not have any complications like seizures, tremours, or fast heart rate. She has had diarrhea and is on a very bland diet. But my girl is home. So to explain more as my message was very short. My dog is a 6 year old black lab cross from GDF. My husband I had left my puppy with a family who has watched her before, of course they love dogs. We were going to the beach, and thought it would be a good idea for my pup to have her own little vacation. I travel alot for work, so she works long days. Now this is what I do, not what others have to do. Please don't judge. my puppy had snagged a bag of items that were purchased at the store off the counter. No one was looking so she decided to eat the whole bag. The bag contained 12 ounces of dark semi sweet baking chocolate, a bag of carmel pieces, and a bag of pretzels. Pup ate the whole bag, plastic and all. The mom in the family saw right away what had happened, called my vet, which recommended that she be taken to the nearest clinic. They were able to make her throw up, gave her the charcoal, and observe her. This all happened on Monday, the day that my husband I were to come home. Pup stayed in the hospital for a few days and is now home. Pup is very happy to be home, but is definately not acting her self. I was in contact with the folks over at the GDF, so they are aware of everything that went on. It was very scarey. Of course this couuld happened anywhere at any time. My pup was being very sneaky, which she can be sometimes.

Also, if my pup had done this with me present, I would of course have given her the peroxide. We have some in a kit for emergencies on all levels of our home. But this did not happen with me around. I also didn't know that the subject of the thread had been changed, so didn't see all the messages on list.

As I mentioned above, I am ready for the week to be over. I am now sick myself too. My normal bronchitis in the fall. My poor hubby, now taking care of both of us.

Thanks again for the support.

Marsha drenth
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.