[NAGDU] training my own again

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 02:35:55 UTC 2017

Vivianna, When I house broke Sedona, I just took her out side to the same
place every time and waited until she went. I would then say good potty and
give her a treat. I gave her a chance to sniff the area but kept her in
that area. It did not take long for her to get the idea. I now just open
the door and let her out in my vast fenced yard and she heads to the back
yard to do her thing. I kept her crated when I could not watch her in the
house and she did occasionally pee in the crate if I did not get her out in
time. She will whine and bark to let me know she wants out. so it is  up to
me to get her out in time.    Hope this is helpful.    Mardi and
Shaman,retired and Neechee,GD and Sedona,GDIT.    PS  Shaman was 10 months
old when I rescued him from a shelter. He had no training whatsoever. I did
the same thing I did with Sedona when House breaking and he was house
broken in 3 weeks with no accidents.  He learned every thing pretty fast.
He had not been socialized but he did learn that while he was being trained
as I worked in dog friendly places as well as people places, like shopping
malls.After he was attacked several times he became dog reactive and I did
work through it, but ended up using an electric collar to get him over his
reactivity. Nothing else had worked  so I chose to use that method and It
only took 2 zaps and he no longer had a problem. I don't think the age that
I started his training had anything to do with his reactive problem . I
think it was just his personality, and the fact that he was socialized at a
later age ,and the E collar was the only thing that helped shape that part
of his personality.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/