[NAGDU] How Many Dropperfuls if Bach's Rescue Remedy is Four Drops?

Dani Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 19:45:38 UTC 2017

Hi, Everyone.
It's April now, and we're all still trying to deal with Peg's anxiety.

She's gone from trying a Stress and Anxiety pill, to half a tablet of
Soliquin. The second thing kind of works, but when we're both
away,--and we have to be sometimes to take care of household and
doctor stuff,--she gets really unhappy, barking and crying for half
hour stretches. The vet doesn't think it's pain related.

I asked about the possibility of giving something to help her rest
while we're gone. The vet gave a sample of Acepromazine and asked us
to try it while we were at home to see how it would affect Peg. Her
anxiety and reactiveness got a lot worse, and she lost motor control
for 12 hours. We had to carry her to where we needed her to be, and
toileting was a problem, needless to say. After 12 hours, she could
just get up to drink water, and had to lie back down. It took a few
more hours for her to begin to find her feet.

Vet wants us to try Peg on half a pill of Ace. It can be divided in to
quarters, so I'd rather be cautious and only do a quarter if I really
have to. I hate seeing her disoriented, like being a prisoner in her
own body.

I'd like to give Rescue Remedy another go. I was reading up on it and
see that I didn't understand how to use it. After research, I see that
it needs to be given over time, and in more than one dose.

Research says to put four drops in the dog's water bowl or on a biscuit.

I was only giving her a squeezeful of the Remedy on a biscuit.

I hate to be dense, but ... is a full squeeze of the dropper that
comes with the bottle considered one drop?

Please clue me in. By the end of all of this, I may need to take some
of the Remedy myself.

Thanks,
Dani