[NAGDU] Labs and German Shepards

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Fri Apr 14 13:44:45 UTC 2017

 Please be aware that anything that is said applies to the breeds as a
whole and not to a particular dog in the breed. Each dog, like each person,
has its own personality. GSDs are usually more likely to be a one person
dog. They may not be as friendly as a lab. I think labs pull harder
thanGSDs. Saying that, I have had all labs and my 4th dog, a black lab
male, did not pull at all. I definitely like a dog that pulls some. My 2nd
dog, a yellow lab female, pulled too hard. She would not be accepted as a
guide dog today because her pull was so hard. I have had several friends
who had GSDs and loved them. We have talked about the differences. I have
always accepted the dog that was chosen for me. The school has not let me
down.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053