[NAGDU] HB2992

David david at bakerinet.com
Fri Apr 14 14:32:49 UTC 2017

No, there really isn't any data.  I had one incident where an Uber
driver refused me and the sheriff's office told me that the state
attorney said it was a 'civil rights' law and they don't enforce them,
because it is a civil matter, despite the fact that the law says it is a
misdemeanor.  Uber would not cooperate at the time and provide a driver
name, so that I could file a criminal complaint myself.  Without the
state, however, it would have gone nowhere.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL

On 4/14/2017 10:03 AM, Marianne Denning via NAGDU wrote:
> David, do you have any information about how the law is working in FL? Many
> states are looking at similar laws but does it really help anything?

---
http://www.avg.com