[NAGDU] economical dog food

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:22:33 UTC 2017

Thanks to everyone!  I am going to look more closely at the Purina One
and Pro Plan, Diamond Naturals and the Rachael Ray.    We looked at Pets
Mart yesterday, just so she could get an idea of what is available.
I've been ordering dog food for so long, I lost touch with what is
available in the store and how much it costs.  We didn't look at every
bag of food there, but there wasn't anything she could afford long term.
$70 for a 20 pound bag of dog food  is kind of steep IMO.

I get that you get what you pay for and feeding a quality food prevents
serious medical problems, but perhaps the dog food industry has gone a
little nutters.  You could easily spend more money on dog food than you
spend for food for yourself.   I can't in good conscience recommend Old
Roy to her, but neither can I suggest something that will mean she's
eating Ramen noodles breakfast lunch and supper.

I'll see what I can find, give her the information and she can go from
there.   Thanks to everyone for the ideas!
Julie