[NAGDU] OT: Peggy and Hawaii Paratransit

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Fri Apr 21 20:03:41 UTC 2017

Dani, I did the same thing here and asked transit to take my retired guide
dog to the vet. They said fine as we have a long history of working with
them on committees and such. I was talking to someone and boy did I get an
ear full. I shall clean it up, lol. They said well did Baxter forget how to
guide. I said no of course not. They said then it is none of their business
why you are taking two guide dogs with you on the bus.

Dani, I am not the brightest bulb, but that made more sense to me then I
first grasped. There are certainly people who work two service dogs to
mitigate different disabilities. Jake was young and frankly board to death
when we shopped. Baxter who loves to shop would guide me fine in any store
mall whatever, he just couldn't do the street work Jake was so incredible
doing.

So anyway, I put harnesses on both of them and off to the vet we went on
transit.

Dani, I have several articles on aging dogs if you are interested.

b.butterfly at comcast.net

Warmly,
Becky and twelve year old Jake,