[NAGDU] Leather Leashes

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 18:01:24 UTC 2017

Hello:

Does anyone know where to get a leather guide dog style leash?  The one I am
using with Eva is beginning to fall apart.  I do not like the leashes that
Pilot gives us so I do not want to call them for one.  Eva chewed through
her Pilot Dogs leash a few months after we got home when I went for an MRI.
She panicked when they took me away and the person watching her put her
leash around the leg of the desk.  Well you all know what happened next.
Suddenly there was a little golden running down the hall crying trying to
find me with the chewed leash dragging behind her.  I only found one and
that is Bold Lead Designs at a price of $37.  In the past I have taken a
flat braided leash, taken it apart , inserted the two rings and clips to
make it into a guide dog leash.  Unfortunately the leash I am using came
apart at the braiding and I lost one of the rings.  I found a source for
bolt snaps but not the round rings.  So, if anyone knows where I can get the
hardwear then I can purchase the leashes at a very good price and fix them
up myself.  Otherwise I need to know where I can get a guide dog style
leash.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Sandra and Eva