[NAGDU] What to do if the police refuse to help you

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 26 18:47:18 UTC 2017

Jordan,

	My best guidance is, first of all, to know your state law very well,
including its citation. Then, work your way up the chain of command with the
law enforcement agency. If the responding officer doesn't know the law, ask
to speak with the Watch Commander. If the Watch Commander won't listen, ask
for the next in the chain of command. Ultimately, if no one will listen,
call the chief's or sheriff's office directly. HTH!

Marion

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.