[NAGDU] Greetings from a new poster

Ann Edie Annedie at nycap.rr.com
Sat Apr 29 19:59:30 UTC 2017

Hi, Ricky Joe,

One idea might be for you to take with you a collapsible mesh crate that would fit under your table for Darcy to lie in while you are working. It sounds as if the table would be big enough to accommodate the crate. Even if Darcy is very well-behaved and not distracted by people, even kids, or food dropped on the floor, I would think that many people, especially kids, would assume the dog was just part of the "free entertainment" and be very tempted to pet or feed her. The crate would put a physical barrier between dog and people. I also like the idea of the overhanging tablecloth to visually screen the dog from the people. I would also think it would be important, since your demo involves food preparation, that the dog be physically separated from the food and utensils. It is my impression that chefs and people who work in food preparation do not have their service dogs with them in the food preparation area but leave the dog in another close-by location. That may not be possible in your situation, but the crate would provide some sense of separation to address the concerns of health departments, as well as providing some degree of safety and privacy for your dog.

Wishing you much success,
Ann