[NAGDU] Apprentice Instructor

margo Downey margo.downey at roadrunner.com
Mon Aug 7 06:13:32 UTC 2017

I don't think a driving requirement should knock a person off the list, so
to speak.

Also, instead of considering visual ways of doing things, let's continue to
consider nonvisual ways of doing things.

I personally know blind folks who have taught others to work with guide
dogs and it's worked.

Many of the guide dog schools also do not feel blind folks can teach cane
travel, but, we or most of us know that occurs daily.

I often don't know up front how a blind person can do something but I begin
with the belief that she or he can do it but it'll take some
problem-solving and thought and experimentation to find out what works.

Margo and isis