[NAGDU] Apprentice Instructor

Wayne & Harley k9dad at k9di.org
Tue Aug 8 11:19:39 UTC 2017

*Hello,
I've actually spoken with Leader Dogs ( Graduate Services ) a few years
ago about applying to become an apprentice Guide Dog Instructor. This
was right after I'd completed Harley's formal Harness Training. So, I
had proof  on the paw so to speak, that I could successfully train a
Guide Dog already. During this conversation I stated that I was
confident in being able to do the actual dog training, but that training
on class would be problematic as, well, I can't see very well. Being
that training on class is really kind of important to the school. I let
the matter drop.
So, reach out to the schools, who knows, they may give it a try.
Now, back in the day, there was a school in Australia that was run by a
Guide Dog User. She personally road tested every dog that went out the
door. I don't know if she did any of the training, or not.

Wayne And Harley D